Monday, February 22, 2010

I found myself and Amanda found me and next I'll see if Trish can find me and I'm ready to roll.
Until I created this blog everything I knew about blogging I learned from "Julie and Julia" and "Ugly Betty". "Julie and Julia" showed how it can change your life sort of the way that winning the lottery could and "Ugly Betty" showed how it can come around and bite you in the butt. I'll be aiming for the lottery type life change.
I'll be writing about what I'm reading, listening to, watching, and what I find interesting and/or funny about the activities we call daily living. My goal is to find something to make me laugh everyday and share it.
I suppose the first laugh I can share with you is that I was trying to set this blog up last night and not having any luck finding it on the internet. I had composed a whole blog and pressed the wrong button and lost the whole thing. Learning from failure is quite effective.
My subject last night was micro greens. I've seen them on the Food Network where they get heaped on top of a chef's creation making the whole pile look totally precious. I thought the whole thing was quite pretentious, especially when I saw that a small baggie cost $4.99 at the local Winter Market. I did some research on the internet about these tiny leaves and found the idea of eating the first sprouting leaves of all kinds of vegetables to be an interesting one. I bought a bag the next week and I am a convert. They are delicious and a little goes a long way. They are the food equivalent of down in that they rapidly expand when removed from confinement. So far I've used them as a replacement for lettuce in sandwiches making sure to anchor them in the mayo. I am also looking into a grow light and seeds to grow my own. Sowing to harvest is 10 to 15 days and I think scissors are used for picking, as it were.
I'm going to close now as I'm quite curious to see how I look in print.
bonsoir
Bonnie B.

3 comments:

  1. micro greens, well that sounds interesting. I think a sunny window might be all you need. I'll have to check them out myself.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your first post - I really got a chuckle at the idea of "anchoring" something in the mayo. Too bad I don't use mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally success!! And Sandy Gregg too!!!

    ReplyDelete