Tuesday, December 18, 2018

December 18, 2018

December 18, 2018

It's been a year of a lot of sewing.  I had a good inventory of bowl cozies, key fobs, and hair scrunchies for the Starry, Starry Weekend sale.  I did well, sold out of bowls with people asking for more.

Dale introduced me to key fobs and it was a lot of fun to source the supplies and to pair up the webbing with the embroidered ribbons.  I think these would be a good thing to have on hand.

Scrunchies were revived because Amanda asked me to make one for Sabrina.  Not really interested in making a lot of those again.

Bowl cozies continue to be popular so I should whip up some more to have on hand for quick gifts/sales.

My Sunshine Stars quilt is complete.  The binding was the holdup because I couldn't decide what worked and was trying too hard to make it a coordinated match.  When I decided what the heck" and went with the KFC dot in the storm color way it just almost finished itself.  hahaha.  Making it a bias binding created a spiraling effect around the perimeter of the quilt.

None of the other pieces I made are any further along than when I wrote about them last.  Some things are not meant to be finished.

I find myself wanting to make some doll clothes again for my 18" dolls.  A few might be good to offer at the SSW sale next year.  I do need some different products to keep things interesting.

I've been thinking about doing a challenge to help me move forward in original thinking.  I have to come up with guidelines.  So far, I think it should be either 6" square or 16" square.  Big difference, I know.  I want to be able to use the wonderful beads, buttons, ribbons, and other things I have stashed all over.  I have all these wonderful things but never get to see them so by making a mini quilt wall hanging I can have the pleasure of seeing these things.  I am trying to decide if I should do them by color or by theme.  Maybe I should just get started and let the materials dictate how they would like to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment