Sunday, July 18, 2021

 On the brink of a new week.  Time goes so quickly and summer is passing too fast.  It was not an especially great week weather wise so I was not very productive.  On the plus side I did finish a 1,000 piece puzzle and managed to lose only one piece.  

Regarding Boo and MK, I inadvertently closed them both in the den Tuesday night.  When I realized that that may have happened I was too tired to go back downstairs to check.  The next morning when I opened the den door they both dashed out and seem to have a little better respect for each other.  Overall, they seem to be tolerating one another a little better but I’m not sure they’ll ever play with each  other.  Any close interaction is taken as a threat.  By themselves, they love to play and are pretty funny to watch.

I’m still working on bringing order to my kitchen by trying to think like I’m having to move and what would I need in a new life in a smaller living situation.  All the fancy non-wheat flours and fake sweeteners are gone.  It was amazing how many had expired “best used by” dates.  Next I can sort through baking pans like loaf pans, angel cake pan, and muffin tins.  Beth and I talked about having Amanda’s kids come up and take what they would need if they were to ever leave home and set up housekeeping on their own.  The Cuisinart ice cream maker and a waffle iron already went that way.

Amanda and Jordan brought a twin size sleigh bed up to me for the den.  There are nights when the weather is really bad with high winds and I’d prefer to not be on the second floor so close to the trees that might fall over and kill me instantly.  I ordered and got some pink gingham sheets for it but I still have to get out and buy a mattress and box spring.  MK likes to walk around on the bed slats.  

I still have more stuff to get down to the basement.  If I haven’t needed it or even looked at it in years why do I have to have it on a table in the middle of the room?  I switched the wingback chair from the den with the wicker one that was in the dining room and I like it.  The wicker one in the den gives me better access to the window for opening and closing.

No sewing this past week but that had more to do with a puzzle occupying the table than with lack of interest.  Next puzzle will be set up in the den.

I’ll try to make this next week more interesting so that I’ll have some subject matter to report  but the weather report is sounding like it’s going to be another stay inside week.


No comments:

Post a Comment