Monday, March 22, 2010

A good news day

It was a good news day and it isn't over yet. I got a call from the GI doctor who did mom's colonoscopy and it's an adenoma, not cancer. It is the type that will turn into cancer but what he biopsied was not yet malignant. I went to Concord after work to talk to her about this and was glad to see that she has returned to her alert but sometimes forgetful self. I explained the situation to her and what I understood her options to be and asked what she would want to do and she said she would want to have surgery to prevent a cancer from developing. The next stop will be an appointment with a Nephrologist to see how her kidneys will hold up.

The other good news is that the Great Blue Herons are back to the nests visible from I89 in Springfield. It looked like there were three in the further nest. I e-mailed the photographer, Geoff Howard so he can get down there and chronicle their nesting activities.

A good day, indeed, in spite of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment