Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Good evening from North Sutton where we had temperatures in the single digits at the start of the day.  It did get up to twenty degrees but it wasn't the kind of weather that beckoned one outside.  The snow has become very crusty and inhospitable.                                 On a creative note, I have put together two sets of fabrics for my first project.  I'll be strip-piecing nine patch blocks from each set.  There is one more fabric I want for the top set up it's on back order.  I'm thinking 2 inch strips with quarter inch seams.  These are meant to be small projects because I want to play with color and pattern scale.  Modern quilting is quite different from the way color and pattern were used when I started quilting. There are so many looks I'd like to try, I need to keep the scale small so I have the satisfaction of completion.                                                                  On the guilty pleasure side of my life (TV), last night was the first night of The Bachelor.  As with other shows that I have on during the day, I don't watch every minute of every show but have it on as background.  I need a radio, a good one that will pick up at least the Manchester stations.  I'll work on that after I get the lights for the studio and the cabinet credenza for the kitchen.                                 I think I'll go to the Slusser Senior Center for lunch tomorrow.  The menu is not the most interesting but it will be nice to see all the people again.  It should be a full day tomorrow and maybe, just maybe my Lego bank will arrive.                                                       Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment