Sunday, January 3, 2016

It was a semi-productive day.  I got the Lego kits corralled and found the rest of the Christmas kit and completed it.  I still have to find the roof of the French       restaurant.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I was thinking that last year was wasted because my house is still not in order but I realized that I did spend most of last year working through the Queen Sweep brooms to create order in all aspects of my life.  I did an incredible amount of decluttering with numerous carloads to various charity organizations.  I learned about   writing a daily compass to keep me on track each day.  I've found that I do best if I write it the night before.  Another very important point is making the tasks as small as need be to be doable.  Instead of "clean kitchen",  list the various chores that make up the whole.  The act of completion is very important in keeping the forwardly motion going.  Being able to cross off a small task is rewarding whereas carrying forward "clean the kitchen" forever seems overwhelming.  Rewards are important also but I don't seem to have a problem with that part of the equation.                                                                                                                                                                             
So, my major task this year is to put the remains into an order that won't be embarrassing if someone shows up at my door.                                             
I'm thinking that I'd like to get three wall cabinets to use as a credenza type unite on the free wall in the kitchen.                                                           
I have my compass written up with suggested activities for tomorrow.  May the force be with me.                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment